Definition of expensive in English:
Costing a lot of money: keeping a horse is expensive an expensive bottle of wine
More example sentences
- The bargains will prove to be very expensive if you have to pay interest on the money you spent.
- Prices of the more expensive properties have stopped going up and some are on their way down.
- These courses are very expensive, due to the variety of resources needed to run them.
- Example sentences
- The expensiveness indicates to me simply that this object probably won't actually be used for the purpose it was made.
- My husband believed that quality wasn't always represented by expensiveness.
- There are definitely moments when you hate it (noise, pollution, the busy-ness, the expensiveness of everything, and other stressors), but when you leave New York, you can't wait to get back.
Words that rhyme with expensiveapprehensive, coextensive, comprehensive, defensive, extensive, intensive, offensive, ostensive, pensive, suspensive
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.