- A person who is permitted to testify at a trial because of special knowledge or proficiency in a particular field that is relevant to the case: she was hired as an expert witness because she had assisted in more than 100 similar surgical proceduresMore example sentences
- An FBI expert witness testified that there was enough plastic explosive hidden in his shoes to blow a large hole in the airplane.
- For reasons already given, I do not regard the evidence of either expert witness to be of primary assistance on this point.
- He's also a forensic psychiatrist - one of those guys who testifies as an expert witness in court trials.
More definitions of expert witnessDefinition of expert witness in:
- The British & World English dictionary