Definition of explanatory in English:
Serving to explain something: explanatory notes
More example sentences
- She does supply an explanatory note at the end, but, by the time you get to it, you realise you had somehow absorbed all this anyway.
- The map and explanatory notes attached to the entry form were very well done.
- The explanatory note also goes on to describe how a new statutory strict liability regime will be put in place.
- Example sentences
- Without it, even a priori deducibility might seem explanatorily less than sufficient, though the need for such a story remains a matter of controversy.
- ‘Not relevant’ means, for Skinner, explanatorily circular or regressive.
- The philosophical distinction between truths of meaning and truths of fact does not reflect a genuine, explanatorily significant distinction.
Words that rhyme with explanatorydamnatory
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.