Serving to explain something: explanatory notes
More example sentences
- She does supply an explanatory note at the end, but, by the time you get to it, you realise you had somehow absorbed all this anyway.
- The map and explanatory notes attached to the entry form were very well done.
- The explanatory note also goes on to describe how a new statutory strict liability regime will be put in place.
- Example sentences
- Without it, even a priori deducibility might seem explanatorily less than sufficient, though the need for such a story remains a matter of controversy.
- ‘Not relevant’ means, for Skinner, explanatorily circular or regressive.
- The philosophical distinction between truths of meaning and truths of fact does not reflect a genuine, explanatorily significant distinction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.