- 1Explicitly; clearly: she was expressly forbidden to use the stoveMore example sentences
- Large quantities of alcohol, including kegs, beer balls, etc. are expressly prohibited.
- In contrast, the Florida Constitution spells the point out expressly.
- Lord Fraser of Tullybelton delivered a concurring speech without expressly addressing future conduct.
- 1.1For a specific purpose; solely: the house was expressly built for entertainingMore example sentences
- The CPA was established by the National Science Foundation expressly to study dark matter.
- There are many homes in the national park area which were built expressly to house farm workers.
- Two new posts were created expressly for supporters of Ashour.