- A highway designed for fast traffic, with controlled entrance and exit, a dividing strip between the traffic in opposite directions, and typically two or more lanes in each direction.More example sentences
- I was in the passenger seat of a friend's car a few weeks ago, championing this city's underground expressway like I had designed and built it with my own hands.
- They were exiting the expressway when Manda suddenly spoke up.
- He'll pull his car over in the middle of an expressway, stop traffic, and get out.
More definitions of expresswayDefinition of expressway in:
- The British & World English dictionary