Definition of extended-play in English:
1Denoting a record that plays longer than most singles.
- The 7-inch 45-rpm vinyl EP (extended play) record was a phenomenon of the 1950s and 1960s.
- As a teenager, you carried these singles proudly like gold, and if you were lucky, you just may have had one of the few EP's, those extended play 45's with four and perhaps more tracks.
1.1Denoting an audio- or videotape that is thinner and longer than standard.
- Whereas a 90-minute film recorded in the standard-play mode takes about 900 feet of tape, an extended-play tape takes about 200 feet.
- The present invention relates generally to magnetic tape and film cassettes and more particularly to an extended play cassette.
Definition of extended-play in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.