- 1Denoting a record that plays longer than most singles.More example sentences
- The 7-inch 45-rpm vinyl EP (extended play) record was a phenomenon of the 1950s and 1960s.
- As a teenager, you carried these singles proudly like gold, and if you were lucky, you just may have had one of the few EP's, those extended play 45's with four and perhaps more tracks.
- 1.1Denoting an audio- or videotape that is thinner and longer than standard.More example sentences
- Whereas a 90-minute film recorded in the standard-play mode takes about 900 feet of tape, an extended-play tape takes about 200 feet.
- The present invention relates generally to magnetic tape and film cassettes and more particularly to an extended play cassette.
More definitions of extended-playDefinition of extended-play in:
- The British & World English dictionary