- The parts of the ear outside the eardrum, especially the pinna.More example sentences
- Under direct vision the excessive hair follicles of the external ear canal and pinna were targeted by the laser beam.
- The ear canal terminates at the eardrum (tympanic membrane), which forms the boundary between the external ear and the middle ear.
- Otitis externa, the clinical term for swimmer's ear, is an inflammation of the canal joining the eardrum to the external ear.
More definitions of external earDefinition of external ear in:
- The British & World English dictionary