Situated or taking place outside a cell or cells: extracellular space in the cortex
More example sentences
- The cell wall and extracellular material are often only crudely preserved in this process, and the internal cytoplasm may degrade and be destroyed.
- Both are presumed to be consequences of cell death, and the subsequent leakage of cell contents into the extracellular space.
- Integrin is the molecule that connects the outside of the cells to the extracellular matrix.
- Example sentences
- For good immune response it is essential that the recombinant protein be secreted extracellularly.
- Although the pathogen-induced oxidative stress is generated mainly extracellularly, chloroplasts, mitochondria, and peroxisomes and their antioxidant machinery could be also targeted during pathogenesis.
- Calculus occurs when minerals are deposited intracellularly and extracellularly in dental plaque; this calcified material is resistant to removal.
Definition of extracellular in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.