Definition of extravasate in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective extravasated) chiefly Medicine
Let or force out (a fluid, especially blood) from the vessel that naturally contains it into the surrounding area.
- Scattered areas of lymphocytic exocytosis and extravasated red blood cells within the superficial dermis and epidermis were also present.
- Aggressive angiomyxoma has extravasated red blood cells and thick-walled vessels, some of which may be large.
- The infant should be assessed for pallor, petechiae, extravasated blood, excessive bruising, hepatosplenomegaly, weight loss, and evidence of dehydration.
- Example sentences
- Tumors show a spindle cell neoplasm with prominent extravasation.
- Purpura results from the extravasation of blood from the vasculature into the skin or mucous membranes.
- This pain is a potential warning sign of tissue damage and possible phlebitis or extravasation.
Definition of extravasate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.