Definition of exuviate in English:
verb[with object] technical
Shed (a skin or shell).
- Some pollutants in seawater affect the enzyme activity causing loss of the biological function of the enzyme, which affects the exuviating crab-shell and threatens the survival of the animal.
- However, the method for production gets complicated because the process of exuviating skin and removing hypocotyl is necessary.
- Example sentences
- Developmental changes in epidermis and fat body are delayed to the same extent, thus maintaining proper temporal spacing of events required for successful exuviation.
- Considering Crustacea as an analogy, abnormal secretion of exuviation hormones in trilobite exoskeletons could also have caused irregular ecdysis and given rise to aberrant exoskeletal morphology.
- Internal excretion of a hormone with a steroid skeleton called ecdysteroid makes exuviation proceed in insects.
Words that rhyme with exuviateobviate • inchoate
Definition of exuviate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan