Definition of exuviate in English:
verb[with object] technical
Shed (a skin or shell).
- Some pollutants in seawater affect the enzyme activity causing loss of the biological function of the enzyme, which affects the exuviating crab-shell and threatens the survival of the animal.
- However, the method for production gets complicated because the process of exuviating skin and removing hypocotyl is necessary.
- Example sentences
- Developmental changes in epidermis and fat body are delayed to the same extent, thus maintaining proper temporal spacing of events required for successful exuviation.
- Considering Crustacea as an analogy, abnormal secretion of exuviation hormones in trilobite exoskeletons could also have caused irregular ecdysis and given rise to aberrant exoskeletal morphology.
- Internal excretion of a hormone with a steroid skeleton called ecdysteroid makes exuviation proceed in insects.
Definition of exuviate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.