- The act of looking directly into one another’s eyes: make eye contact with your interviewersMore example sentences
- I looked to the teacher at the back of the class for support but as soon as we'd made eye contact she turned to look out of the window.
- Sudden realisation dawning in their eyes, they broke eye contact, looking to the ground.
- I wanted to avoid eye contact so I looked away, but I could see his reflection in the window.
More definitions of eye contactDefinition of eye contact in:
- The British & World English dictionary