- A similarity between words in spelling but not in pronunciation, e.g., love and move.More example sentences
- Sound/wound: is this a full sonic rhyme or an eye rhyme?
- Many older English poems contain rhymes that were originally true or full rhymes, but as read by modern readers are now eye rhymes.
- Thus, an eye rhyme is just a traditional rhyme in which the past identity on which the rhyme is based is preserved in the spelling.
More definitions of eye rhymeDefinition of eye rhyme in:
- The British & World English dictionary