Definition of eyebright in English:
A small plant of the figwort family with little snapdragonlike flowers. Found in dry fields and along roadsides, it was formerly used as a remedy for eye problems.
- Genus Euphrasia, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular the European E. officinalis and the North American E. americana
- If you suffer from hay fever, the herb eyebright is a ‘phenomenal ‘solution, Winston says.’
- The herb eyebright is a good solution; its astringent and anti-inflammatory properties will soothe your tired eyes.
- For runny eyes and to dry the sinuses, eyebright (euphrasia officinalis) is used.
Definition of eyebright in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan