Definition of eyecup in English:
1A piece of an optical device such as a microscope, camera, or pair of binoculars that is contoured to provide a comfortable rest against the user’s eye.
- A roof prism design, it features central focusing, click stop adjustable eyepiece diopter, and nicely contoured push/pull eyecups.
- This is a long eye relief binocular, and by rolling down the eyecups, eyeglass wearers can truly obtain a full field of view.
- A roof prism design, it sports central focusing, click stops on the eyepiece diopter, and helicoid eyecups.
2North American A small container used for applying cleansing solutions to the eye.
- Pour the tea into an eyecup (available at drugstores) and bathe each eye for at least five seconds, and up to one minute.
- The resultant tea is used to sprinkle over the eyes or used in an eyewash in an eyecup that can be readily purchased at most drug stores.
- Do not use an eyecup, eye drops, or ointment unless the poison center instructs you to do so.
Definition of eyecup in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.