Definition of eyecup in English:
1A piece of an optical device such as a microscope, camera, or pair of binoculars that is contoured to provide a comfortable rest against the user’s eye.
- A roof prism design, it features central focusing, click stop adjustable eyepiece diopter, and nicely contoured push/pull eyecups.
- This is a long eye relief binocular, and by rolling down the eyecups, eyeglass wearers can truly obtain a full field of view.
- A roof prism design, it sports central focusing, click stops on the eyepiece diopter, and helicoid eyecups.
2North American A small container used for applying cleansing solutions to the eye.
- Pour the tea into an eyecup (available at drugstores) and bathe each eye for at least five seconds, and up to one minute.
- The resultant tea is used to sprinkle over the eyes or used in an eyewash in an eyecup that can be readily purchased at most drug stores.
- Do not use an eyecup, eye drops, or ointment unless the poison center instructs you to do so.
Definition of eyecup in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan