A canine tooth, especially one in the upper jaw.
- What would the difference be between the left eye tooth and the right eye tooth?
- He smiled a dark smile showing a mouth full of pearl white teeth with a set of elongated eye teeth and canines and held out his hand.
- He drew his mouth back into a sneer, revealing his menacing canine eye teeth.
give one's eyeteeth for (or to be)
- Do anything in order to have or be something: I’d give my eyeteeth for a loverMore example sentences
- Two intelligent, independent individuals share their lives and a relationship which many couples would give their eye teeth for.
- Her childhood was one any novelist would give his eye teeth for.
- There are certainly no fillers amongst this lot; even the drum solo number sounds like something most bands would give their eye teeth for.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.