- A ruthless, tyrannical leader.More example sentences
- Instead, our beloved fuehrer the Prime Minister is calling for increased European arms expenditure so that the EU does not have to rely so heavily on the US.
- Like dictators and führers, politicians always come to the scene of a natural disaster carrying a wad of cash.
- He is the country's principal elected magistrate, not its fuehrer.
mid 20th century: from German Führer 'leader', part of the title Führer und Reichskanzler 'Leader and Chancellor of the Empire' assumed in 1934 by Adolf Hitler, Adolf.
More definitions of führerDefinition of führer in:
- The British & World English dictionary