- 1The action or process of manufacturing or inventing something: the assembly and fabrication of electronic productsMore example sentences
invention, concoction, (piece of) fiction, falsification, lie, untruth, falsehood, fib, myth, made-up story, fairy story/tale, cock-and-bull story; white lie, half-truth, exaggeration• informal tall tale, whoppermanufacture, creation, production; construction, building, assembly, forming, fashioning
- They can also be made directly into structural shapes during fabrication.
- In 1943, The Alloy Engineering Co. was founded to supply alloy fabrications for high-temperature industrial applications.
- Berkeley's innovation extended to the craft of costume fabrication.
- 1.1An invention; a lie: the story was a complete fabricationMore example sentences
- The very rationale of the exclusion at common law of a confession by a third party is the risk of fabrication.
- Simply asking about it seemed tantamount to an accusation of fabrication.
- The story, it was later revealed, was a fabrication.