Definition of faceless in English:
1(Of a person) remote and impersonal; anonymous: the faceless bureaucrats who made the rules
More example sentences
- For a change this documentary did not have faceless people talking shyly with their faces blurred digitally.
- At the heart of each party are a handful of faceless people.
- To see a faceless figure or person in your dream, indicates that you are still searching for your own identity and finding out who you are.
anonymous, unknown, nameless;
characterless, nondescript, undistinguished, featureless
1.1(Of a building or place) characterless and dull.
- I agree and this seems particularly true of a city like Detroit where derelict buildings stand beside a host of faceless skyscrapers.
- Its individuality and its links with York, which is not a faceless city but has its own special character and heritage, are swept away.
- How does a hotelier differentiate itself in this time of nameless, faceless hotel rooms?
- facelessness noun
- Example sentences
- It was the facelessness and unresponsiveness and steadfastness of this last group that provided an unexpected ‘What, me worry?’
- The album's folk-inflected midsection is definitely its best swath, and the other sections that surround it are plagued by a kind of facelessness that keep them from sticking.
- Interestingly, the visual expression of their chilly sound is one of monochromatic, computer-generated facelessness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.