Definition of fact-check in English:
Investigate (an issue) in order to verify the facts: I didn’t fact-check the assertions in the editorial reporters can’t be expected to fact-check every quotation
More example sentences
- It's not the job of a paper to fact-check the utterance of every person quoted.
- They would be asked to substantiate each claim, and there would be a jury of statisticians to fact-check whatever they said.
- The folks there debunk and fact-check articles and speeches by prominent politicos and commentators from all corners of the political spectrum.
fact checker noun
- Example sentences
- Maybe you need a fact checker to check your work?
- He's the new fact checker for the New York Times.
- I like your publication but you could use a good fact checker.
Definition of fact-check in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.