(With reference to a number) resolve or be resolvable into factors.
- The number of steps that are necessary to factorize a large number using all known algorithms increases exponentially with the size of the number.
- This gave a method of factorising a number using cards with holes punched in them.
- Colburn is also interesting in that he was able to give an idea of how he carried out the calculations, the main method being by factorising the numbers concerned.
- Example sentences
- Following this revelation, perhaps we shouldn't be too hasty to rule out the possibility that there is also a simple algorithm for factorization that has similarly been overlooked.
- In fact al-Farisi's approach is based on the unique factorisation of an integer into powers of prime numbers, and, according to Rashed, he states and attempts to prove this, the so-called fundamental theorem of arithmetic, in this work.
- The integer 6,036, for instance, has the prime factorization 2 x 2 x 3 x 503, and 6 + 0 + 3 + 6 = 2 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 0 + 3.
Definition of factorize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.