noun (plural factums /-təmz/ or facta /-tə/)Law chiefly Canadian
- A statement of the facts of a case.More example sentences
- Again, the Plaintiffs rely upon bald statements in their factum without supporting evidence.
- As a result of this unorthodox approach, I was unable to take any statement contained within the factum at its face value, but was required to go back to source to verify each assertion.
- I do not agree with Mr. McNevin's criticisms of the time spent in preparation on the facts, the law, or the factum and other documents.
late 18th century: from Latin, literally 'something done or made'.
More definitions of factumDefinition of factum in:
- The British & World English dictionary