Definition of fade-out in English:
1A filmmaking and broadcasting technique whereby an image is made to disappear gradually or the sound volume is gradually decreased to zero.
- Primitive - and thus charming - special effects include the early use of lap dissolves (the double-exposure of a fade-out over a fade-in) to create magical transformation scenes.
- This is where Solas should have ended, with a slow fade-out on Mother's image.
- Average sound quality and rapid fade-outs characterise the record.
1.1A gradual and temporary loss of a broadcast signal: radio fade-outs
More example sentences
- The fact that the signal strength doesn't drop during the fade outs indicates to me that it's not an antenna problem, but I'm no expert.
Definition of fade-out in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.