- A small, transparent crustacean that typically swims on its back, using its legs to filter food particles from the water.
More example sentences
- Order Anostraca, class Branchiopoda: many species, including brine shrimps
- Below the surface, scuba divers haunt Sund Rock Marine Preserve and Octopus Hole, where the world's biggest octopuses share the water with fairy shrimp, shellfish, and Dungeness crab.
- One of the only two habitats for the fairy shrimp in Orange County is a vernal pool at Fairview park in Costa Mesa!
- Endemic to Southern California, the San Diego fairy shrimp, Branchinecta sandiegonensis, has suffered tremendous habitat loss due to urban development and consequently is on the Federal endangered species list.
More definitions of fairy shrimpDefinition of fairy shrimp in:
- The British & World English dictionary