- A small white tropical tern that lays its single egg on a narrow ledge or on the bare branch of a tree. When it flies against a bright sky, the wings appear somewhat translucent, allowing the bone structure to be seen.
More example sentences
- Gygis alba, family Sternidae
- Other birds on the island include boobies, fairy terns, frigate birds, and a good-sized population of friendly ground doves, a species classed as internationally vulnerable.
- Fairy Terns use trees for breeding, although they do not build a nest.
More definitions of fairy ternDefinition of fairy tern in:
- The British & World English dictionary