Definition of falcated teal in English:
A small duck that is native to China and northeastern Asia.
- Anas falcata, family Anatidae
- On the other hand, it could be something rare like a garganey, falcated teal or an emperor goose.
- During winter major population of Falcated Teals migrates towards Japan, Korea and China. It furthers extends as far South as Central Vietnam to Burma.
- Falcated Teals are hardy birds and bread fairly easily in captivity. They are primarily aquatic feeders, but do occasionally dive for food.
early 18th century: named from the long sickle-shaped inner secondary feathers of the male.
Definition of falcated teal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan