Definition of falcon in English:
1A diurnal bird of prey with long pointed wings and a notched beak, typically catching prey by diving on it from above. Compare with hawk1 (sense 1) of the noun).
- Family Falconidae, in particular the genus Falco: many species, including the peregrine, hobby, merlin, and kestrel
- Pete takes us inside the lives and minds of all thirty-four species of diurnal raptors found in North America - hawks, falcons, eagles, vultures, the osprey and the harrier.
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds estimates that around 100 birds of prey, including eagles, falcons and hen harriers, are either poisoned, shot, trapped or have their nests destroyed every year on the Scottish moors.
- Hawks, harriers, falcons, eagles, and vultures are diurnal migrants.
Definition of falcon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan