noun[usually as modifier]
- Made or done while moving or falling away, especially (in basketball) from the basket: he hit a fallaway jumper with five minutes left in the halfMore example sentences
- In Boston, Paul Pierce returned from taking a hit in the mouth in the final minute to make a 5m fallaway jump shot as time expired and give Boston a win over Portland.
- Still, O'Neill wants to see more penetration and fewer fallaway jumpers, the shot Carter turns to when he does not want to get whacked.
- He has to get a drop step or a fallaway jumper or just a jump shot where he can take people to the middle and spin back to his right so you can't double-team him.
More definitions of fallawayDefinition of fallaway in:
- The British & World English dictionary