- Color added during the processing of a photographic or computer image to aid interpretation of the subject.More example sentences
- Fluorescent images were captured by cooled CCD camera, assigned false color, and manipulated uniformly in Adobe Photoshop.
- The software added false color to reflect the contribution that any given part of the surface made to a small region surrounding each of the two dominant peaks in reciprocal space.
- It lends the photos a quality that I'm finding hard to put into words, other than that somehow, these places seem far more expressive in false colour than in reality.
More definitions of false colorDefinition of false color in:
- The British & World English dictionary