- Chinese enameled porcelain of particular periods in the 17th and 18th centuries with a predominant color, famille jaune (yellow), famille noire (black), famille rose (red), famille verte (green).More example sentences
- This is also reflected in the porcelain market, where bright enamelled porcelains, famille rose and famille verte, fetch extraordinary prices.
- Pieces that exhibit small, careful brushstrokes are in general considered typical of Peking, while those that display a palette and brush technique strongly akin to famille rose porcelain of the period are considered to be Cantonese.
- These works are particularly beautiful, and are decorated with gilding as well as famille verte and fencai enamel glazes.
late 19th century: French, literally 'family'.
More definitions of familleDefinition of famille in:
- The British & World English dictionary