Definition of family planning in English:
noun[often as modifier]
1The practice of controlling the number of children in a family and the intervals between their births, particularly by means of artificial contraception or voluntary sterilization: family-planning clinics
More example sentences
- All of the BYPC workers are entitled to free medical care, including routine health examinations, family-planning counseling, prenatal care, delivery care, and neonatal care.
- In 1921 Stopes founded the Society for Constructive Birth Control which led the way for the later family-planning clinics.
- These workers, more than others, may require access to a family-planning clinic, contraceptive and sexual health services, emergency contraception, or pregnancy testing and counselling.
- It outlines options for beginning a family planning method following the use of emergency contraception.
- However, scholars unanimously agree that any permanent method of family planning, or even abortion, can be done if the life of the mother is in danger.
- Nevertheless, today abortion is an essential method of family planning and should be accepted it as such.
Definition of family planning in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan