Definition of fan palm in English:
A palm with large, lobed, fan-shaped leaves.
- Chamaerops and other genera, family Palmae: many species, including the dwarf (or European) fan palm (C. humilis), which is the only palm native to Europe
- The Trachycarpus fortunei from China is also a fan palm but smaller than the European Fan Palm.
- As was typical in Victorian times, palm trees were a prominent feature of the landscape, and one such lofty California fan palm, Washington filifera, soars more than 130 feet above the garden.
- Exotic plants, such as this Mexican fan palm, are available at garden centers and home improvement stores.
Definition of fan palm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan