1A woman’s lover.
- ‘And to cap it all, Ephesia has got herself a fancy man,’ he might have added.
- She only told Arthur, but didn't twig that her new fancy man is a journalist.
- In the seven part series - already being hailed a hit - Rebecca's 16-year-old character makes moves on her mother's alcoholic fancy man Frank, causing all sorts of trouble.
1.1 archaic A pimp.
- She falls for the guy who everyone knows is a fancy man, and now she's all upset.
- A prostitute attempts to make him her "fancy man." Finally he becomes a rich girl's "companion."
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: fan·cy man
Definition of fancy man in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.