nounBack to top
- 1An act of parting or of marking someone’s departure: the dinner had been arranged as a farewellMore example sentences
- His teaching colleagues and students have arranged a special farewell party for him this Friday.
- One idea is to launch a farewell party, like we do for adults when they leave.
- But after struggling to recruit new members, they have decided to disband, and performed for the last time at a farewell party on Tuesday.
- 1.1Parting good wishes: he had come on the pretext of bidding her farewell I bade him a fond farewellMore example sentences
- Of course, this is no fond farewell as Lynn strolls off into the sunset.
- The whole family was at the pier to bid us fond farewell, making us promise that we would come to visit them again.
- Vincent nodded a farewell as she left, and he instinctively locked the door behind her.