Definition of farina in English:
1Flour or meal made of cereal grains, nuts, or starchy roots.
- In another bowl, combine the bread, sour cream, flour, and farina.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes together with the butter, flour, farina, egg yolk, salt, and nutmeg to form a dough.
- Cassava is grown for its starchy tubers, which are most often used to prepare farina or flour, and it is the primary source of carbohydrates in sub-Saharan Africa.
1.2 archaic Starch.
- Example sentences
- But slaves were given only 4-6 qt of farinaceous food weekly if their provision grounds proved unproductive.
- The Japanese cook their noodles thoroughly, but these had taken on the white edge farinaceous food gets when left sitting in liquid for a long time.
- Dropped dumplings are usually made using a protein or farinaceous mixture that is fortified and lightened.
Late Middle English: from Latin, from far 'grain'.
Words that rhyme with farinaAdelina, Angelina, arena, Argentina, ballerina, Ballymena, Bettina, Bukovina, Burkina, cantina, Cartagena, casuarina, catena, Christina, cleaner, concertina, congener, contravener, convener, Cortina, demeanour (US demeanor), deus ex machina, duodena, Edwina, Ena, Filipina, galena, Georgina, Gina, gleaner, hyena, Ina, intervener, kachina, kina, Magdalena, marina, Martina, Medina, Messalina, Messina, misdemeanour (US misdemeanor), Nina, novena, ocarina, Palestrina, Pasadena, Philomena, piscina, retsina, Rowena, Sabrina, scarlatina, screener, Selina, semolina, Seraphina, Serena, Sheena, signorina, sonatina, subpoena, Taormina, tsarina, verbena, vina, weaner, Wilhelmina, Zena
Definition of farina in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.