1Flour or meal made of cereal grains, nuts, or starchy roots.
More example sentences
- In another bowl, combine the bread, sour cream, flour, and farina.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes together with the butter, flour, farina, egg yolk, salt, and nutmeg to form a dough.
- Cassava is grown for its starchy tubers, which are most often used to prepare farina or flour, and it is the primary source of carbohydrates in sub-Saharan Africa.
late Middle English: from Latin, from far 'grain'.
- More example sentences
- But slaves were given only 4-6 qt of farinaceous food weekly if their provision grounds proved unproductive.
- The Japanese cook their noodles thoroughly, but these had taken on the white edge farinaceous food gets when left sitting in liquid for a long time.
- Dropped dumplings are usually made using a protein or farinaceous mixture that is fortified and lightened.
Definition of farina in:
- The British & World English dictionary