- A craftsman who trims and shoes horses' hooves.More example sentences
- He worked as a farrier, shoeing horses at the Middleburg training track and the surrounding area.
- Then too, teamsters, stable boys, and farriers were all needed to tend the horses.
- There has been a shortage of farriers to shoe the thousands of both thoroughbred and sport horses in the country.
- More example sentences
- It costs me about $40 each a week to feed them, and that's just basics: hay and hard pea, and that doesn't even take into consideration the vet expenses, the farriery.
- The profession of farriery nearly disappeared with the advent of automobiles and tractors.
mid 16th century: from Old French ferrier, from Latin ferrarius, from ferrum 'iron, horseshoe'.
More definitions of farrierDefinition of farrier in:
- The British & World English dictionary