- 1A designer of haute couture.More example sentences
- Color experts, interior designers and fashionistas all agree: right now, red is red hot in everything from home decor to evening wear to iMacs.
- They were among hairdressing's first superstar stylists, fashionistas before the term was even invented.
- And they recently signed the hot fashionista to design new lines of sport clothing.
- 2A devoted follower of fashion: sleek designs that press all the fashionistas' buttonsMore example sentences
- The fashion trend setter boldly goes where other fashionistas have yet to follow.
- Some young fashionistas shrug off such concerns, however.
- The latter show was held outside, opposite the Natural History Museum much to the delight of fashionistas and hundreds of children queueing up to see the dinosaurs.
1990s: from fashion + Spanish suffix -ista, as in Sandinista, turista.
More definitions of fashionistaDefinition of fashionista in:
- The British & World English dictionary