Definition of fast lane in English:
1A lane of a highway for use by traffic that is moving faster than the rest.
- Speeding should be left on the race track not the local high housing estate or the fast lane of the motorway.
- If there is someone slower than you already overtaking in the middle lane you move into the fast lane.
- One morning I saw a guy galloping down the fast lane of the motorway on a horse!
1.1A situation in which life is hectic or highly pressured: his face showed the strain of a life lived in the fast lane [as modifier]: a youth culture of fast-lane living
More example sentences
- Instant noodles can be found in the kitchen cupboard of most families, especially those who live in the fast lane, because they are quick and easy to prepare.
- But, as he readily admits, he spent a lot more time living in the fast lane off the court than playing in it on the court.
Definition of fast lane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan