- 1North American Fat from the upper part of a side of pork, especially when dried and salted in strips.More example sentences
- Lard strips are trimmed from large slabs of fatback.
- Whether homemade bread with molasses and sugar, or fatback bacon and scrambled eggs, we always had something to fill our demanding bellies.
- You put some fatback, smoked turkey or neck bones in a pot and toss greens in.
- 2US informal term for menhaden.
More definitions of fatbackDefinition of fatback in:
- The British & World English dictionary