Definition of father confessor in English:
1A priest who hears confessions and gives absolution and spiritual counsel.
- Nathella said, ‘I can take you to a father confessor this afternoon.’
- In due course he too can be found employing an Augustinian father confessor.
- Mother Marie wants to rejoin them, but the Father Confessor in effect forbids her.
1.1A person, typically an older man, to whom one confides private matters: he was growing tired of acting as the father confessor to every student
More example sentences
- He wasn't their confidant or father confessor; he was their boss.
- He became a infallible scientist, a friend, a father confessor and a confidant, by using truths, half-truths and outright falsehoods.
- To be a successful agent, you need to be a father confessor, able to empathise with players when necessary, but also able to dispense tough advice they don't want to hear.
Definition of father confessor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.