- A device by which a flow of liquid or gas from a pipe or container can be controlled; a tap.More example sentences
- Install faucets with anti-scald devices that prevent water temperature from rising to dangerous levels, or buy pressure-balanced valves that equalize hot and cold water.
- Install aerators in faucets and low flow showerheads.
- Water left in the hoses can freeze and expand, causing faucets and connecting pipes inside your home to freeze and break.
late Middle English (denoting a bung for the vent-hole of a cask, or a tap for drawing liquor from a container): from Old French fausset, from Provençal falset, from falsar 'to bore'. The current sense dates from the mid 19th century.
More definitions of faucetDefinition of faucet in:
- The British & World English dictionary