- 1Made in imitation; artificial: a string of faux pearls a faux-fur jacketMore example sentences
- I don't want cute little sayings stamped into the faux leather.
- Here he screams at my friend Stephanie's faux pregnant belly.
- My grandmother, Ruthie, used a little barrel shaped fan in her living room with a faux red marble top.
- 1.1Not genuine; fake or false: their faux concern for the well-being of the voters didn’t fool manyMore example sentences
- Unabashedly direct, the productions revel in their own faux facade with an almost conspiratorial glee.
- Galaxy Angel uses faux seriousness to its advantage, creating ludicrous scenarios that somehow seem plausible.
- This faux outrage wouldn't get first place in an 8th grade talent show.
French, literally 'false'.
More definitions of fauxDefinition of faux in:
- The British & World English dictionary