Definition of fawning in English:
Displaying exaggerated flattery or affection; obsequious: fawning adoration fawning interviews with Hollywood celebs
More example sentences
- Then he saw a young man come to the entrance of the courtyard, the swineherds dogs fawning upon him.
- Inside I was annoyed he wasn't fawning all over me.
- The Roman satirists savagely expose the fawning homage heaped upon the childless rich.
- Example sentences
- There's a lot of great music here, along with a 120-page book that fawningly recounts the history of the band and provides a track-by-track commentary from them.
- When the dissident ‘good news’ scientist spoke to a conservative Washington think tank he was applauded not merely rapturously, but fawningly.
- Women threw themselves at him, of course, but they would not have done so had he not exuded some perverse invitation to emotional excess in which they were fawningly complicit.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.