- An estate or large farm in Portugal, Brazil, and other Portuguese-speaking countries.More example sentences
- A Brazilian colonel had a fazenda (farm or ranch) and regularly flew down to it.
- Out of control, we whipped past a small fazenda, narrowly missing a truck coming from the opposite direction.
- Now the fazenda runs just 100 cattle on its 19,000 acres, and its mission has shifted to research, conservation, and low-impact tourism.
Portuguese (see hacienda).
More definitions of fazendaDefinition of fazenda in:
- The British & World English dictionary