Definition of feasible in English:
- This is an especially useful method for limiting items to only those considered feasible in practice.
- However, this time consuming procedure is hardly feasible in general practice and therefore is seldom done.
- We truly believe that this is a transport policy that is manageable, practical and feasible.
The primary meaning of feasible is ‘capable of being done or effected.’ There is rarely a need to use feasible to mean ‘likely’ or ‘probable’ when those words can do the job. There are cases, however, in which a careful writer finds that the sense of likelihood or probability (as with an explanation or theory) is more naturally or idiomatically expressed with feasible than with possible or probable.
- Example sentences
- Once this debt has been repaid you should invest as much as feasibly possible while you are still working so as to have a sufficient retirement fund.
- Fortunately, that didn't stop them from assisting each other as much as feasibly possible.
- She had drawn James as far away from them as feasibly possible without making it obviously so.
Words that rhyme with feasiblediscerptible • persuasible
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.