Words that rhyme with fedabed, ahead, bed, behead, Birkenhead, bled, bread, bred, coed, cred, crossbred, dead, dread, Ed, embed, Enzed, fled, Fred, gainsaid, head, infrared, ked, lead, led, Med, misled, misread, Ned, outspread, premed, pure-bred, read, red, redd, said, samoyed, shed, shred, sked, sled, sped, Spithead, spread, stead, ted, thread, tread, underbred, underfed, wed
- Naturally, the box the Feds supplied was rigged with every surveillance gizmo known to man.
- Wherever they go they think the Feds, or the police, or spies are watching them.
- I didn't follow the case against the man at all or how good a case the Feds made against him.
- A gunman killed in a shootout with police had texted his girlfriend minutes earlier to say: "The feds are following me."
- The looters were trying to get in and out of JD Sports before the "feds" arrive.
- When kids talk about the feds, it's obvious that they're not talking about the FBI.
Early 20th century: abbreviation of federal. The abbreviation fed had previously been used in the late 18th century to denote a member of the Federalist party, who advocated a union of American colonies after the American Revolution.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.