1A group of states with a central government but independence in internal affairs; a federation.
- Often the federacy (or its residents) have little input into the larger whole.
- They spoke of forming a great North American empire, or kind of Colonial Federacy.
- A republican federacy could be formed out of the provinces of the defunct monarchy.
1.1The state of being joined by a treaty.
- Territorially based ethnic minorities may want greater autonomy and self-rule; asymmetric federacy can accommodate such demands without the state falling apart.
- He acknowledged the need for improved budgeting and fiscal federacy as prerequisites for good governance.
- Being multilingual, it tests many of the problems of world federacy.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of federacy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.