Definition of federalism in English:
1The federal principle or system of government: the politics of federalism in Canada
More example sentences
- We begin with an ideal type of a federal system called market-preserving federalism - a federation that satisfies all four conditions.
- The founders crafted throughout the Constitution a system of federalism, whereby state governments were intended to check the powers of the national government.
- To be sure, as the history of the European Union shows, there can be federalism without a federation.
1.2In Canada, support of confederation in opposition to Quebec separatism.
- Thus is the benign and pleasant face of federalism presented throughout Quebec.
- He became a biting critic of Quebec nationalism and reasoned for a Canadian federalism in which English and French Canada would be on an equal footing.
- In Quebec, federalism equals the Liberal party.
Definition of federalism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan