- 1The federal principle or system of government: the politics of federalism in CanadaMore example sentences
- We begin with an ideal type of a federal system called market-preserving federalism - a federation that satisfies all four conditions.
- The founders crafted throughout the Constitution a system of federalism, whereby state governments were intended to check the powers of the national government.
- To be sure, as the history of the European Union shows, there can be federalism without a federation.
- 1.2In Canada, support of confederation in opposition to Quebec separatism.More example sentences
- Thus is the benign and pleasant face of federalism presented throughout Quebec.
- He became a biting critic of Quebec nationalism and reasoned for a Canadian federalism in which English and French Canada would be on an equal footing.
- In Quebec, federalism equals the Liberal party.
More definitions of federalismDefinition of federalism in:
- The British & World English dictionary