Definition of feel-good in English:
Causing a feeling of happiness and well-being: a feel-good movie
More example sentences
- Seen on its own, or as the first part of the classic trilogy of movies, it is still a funny, suspenseful, feel-good movie.
- Just because a movie is a feel-good flick doesn't mean it has universal appeal.
- They have seen the feel-good movies that captured the spirit of the good old days.
heartwarming, uplifting, positive, warm and fuzzy, sentimental, softhearted, mawkish, touchy-feely
- Example sentences
- This amendment is unnecessary and just empty feel-goodism for politicians.
- So much of what we saw and heard then, in keeping with the feel-goodism of the Reagan era, conveyed a sentimental sweetness.
- The movie won two prizes at the competition this year; but despite its gritty, low-key look, the film wanders into downright corniness and summer movie feel-goodism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan