- A mammal of the cat family (Felidae); a wild cat.More example sentences
- Mustelids and felids were expected to have the strongest bites and canids the weakest.
- Canids and, to a lesser extent, felids are present in the Tundran, Coniferan, and Deciduan subregions always as continuous carnivores.
- Additionally, not all of the taxa recognized as morphologically hypercarnivorous exhibit the very extreme specializations of felids.
late 19th century: from modern Latin Felidae (plural), from Latin feles 'cat'.
More definitions of felidDefinition of felid in:
- The British & World English dictionary