noun (plural felos de se /ˌfelōz də ˈsā/)
- Suicide.More example sentences
- Nineteenth-century regulations as to the interment of those guilty of ‘felo de se’ were savagely punitive.
- Would it perhaps bore you if I explained my reasons for not excluding felo de se from that infinite list of acts which are now lawful?
- If one kills oneself inadvertently while trying to kill another, one is also guilty of felo de se, because the intent was still to murder.
from Anglo-Latin, literally 'felon of himself'; formerly a criminal act in the UK.
More definitions of felo de seDefinition of felo de se in:
- The British & World English dictionary